How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have residence order and my husband can have up to 3

Customer Question

I have residence order and my husband can have up to 3 nights contact a week as agreed in Court. I have been offered a job in the Channel Islands (live in England now and so does ex). He has agreed to the move because he thinks it is good for the children. However at every dispute we have he takes it back. Can he stop me moving with it being in the UK?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required:-How old are the children?-Where in the UK is he?-Were you married at the time of their birth, or is he named on the birth certificate as the father?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
7&10. Yes, he has PR on one. He is near me in the North.
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. Given that he has PR and there is a child arrangement order in place, you cannot leave without his explicit consent or a court making a specific issue order for the move. The move will impact the current order and he can apply to enforce it.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.