How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1431
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

I have a 14 year old son with conduct disorder and anxiety

This answer was rated:

i have a 14 year old son with conduct disorder and anxiety disorder. he is under camhs. his father has parental responsibility. he is defiant and has now stayed at his dads with both turning their phones off and my son is notin school which is a special needs school as he is statemented. my ex girlfriend has been in and out of rehab and recently took my son to brick a car window. what protection can i get against her for my son and can i make him come home? i do not have any funds to pay at this moment in time but am desperate for an answer
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will assist you. Please may I ask: - are you the mother?- does your son normally live with you?- how long has he been with his dad's?- what is the relevance to your ex girlfriend? is this why the father has kept your son?- how long has he been kept off school?- when did you last see your son? Kind Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my son lives with me. it is his fathers girlfriend that has been in and out of rehab, she drink drives, has accused my sons father of rape etc all of which my son has been aware of. I have found out that she also took my son to brick someones car window! he has not been to school for two days, he has not had his antidepressant medication and i last saw him yesterday. i have called social services and logged my concerns with the police and his school.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My issue is also that what ever i try and put into place, boundaries etc his dad allows him to do what he likesRegardsDanielle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also have a text message of her admitting to doing someones car and telling me to keep my mouth shut or my son will get into trouble.
Hello Danielle Thank you for your response and for clarifying that for me. Can I ask - are there any current court orders in place?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he has had every other weekend in place for over 10 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have allowed him to see his father more as i never agreed with kids not seeing their dads and he is a good dad but his choice in partner and the fact he goes against me has caused problems for years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also gave him parental responsibility although he has only ever attended a couple of school meetings and one hospital appointment.
Hello You need to apply to court urgently (today) for your son to be returned to you. You need to complete form C100: There is a court fee of £215. - but dependent on your circumstances this may be reduced:
Detail in your application that the case is urgent and that you want to be heard by a Judge asap. Detail that because your case is urgent - mediation is not appropriate.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what does this form intail and what do iapply for to keep her away from my son also
Detail in your application: - the concerns you have about the father- your sons special needs- your son is not attending school- the concerns about the fatther partner- your son lives with you and you want him returning to you
yes detail your concerns about the partner and the court will investigate
fill out the forms and act quickly - call your local family court and tell them you want to be heard by a Judge asap
The court will list this for a hearing quickly and you ask the Judge at that hearing for your son to be returned to you. The son will likley order this in the first instance given the concerns you have about the father and his partner and your son not being taken to school.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it the county court and is there any injuction i can take against her. also can he live with his father if he says he wants to? against my wishes.
shes no relation to you - so a non Molestation order is not appropriate. You may be able to seek a civil injunction but this is not my area of expertise. In the first instance you need to get the application into court. The court will want to maintain the status quo. They will investigate all issues – but for now the important part is that you get matters to court asap if you want to seek an order that your son be returned to you. Let me know if I can help you further. Kind Regards ***** ***** kindly remember to star rate our service.
ukfamilysolicitor and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you