How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35071
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

We bought a house with my partner 3 months ago and i have

This answer was rated:

we bought a house with my partner 3 months ago and i have 2 young children.what will happen if we separate?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi i have 2 children-8 and 4 and we bought house 3 months ago.I have payed the deposit and solicitor's taxes,and now he pays the mortgage.My partner is violent and agressive,i want to separate,but have nowhere to go with children.The mortgage and house is on bougth names my and his name.What is my rigth about the house and whu have to leve the house?Do i have to start paying mortgage also,so i will not lose my part of the house?We are not married and my daugther is from him,but not my son,what is his rigths about dougther?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion firstHow much is the house worth and ho much is outstanding on the mortgage?How old are the children and who has their day to day care?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The house worth 110,500 pounds,i gave 17000 pounds deposit and the rest is mortgage.We bought house on 18th January 2016,so only3 months.
The children are 8 year old is my son from previous marriage,and my daughter 4 year old from current partner/we are not married.We living currently together in the house,and i mainly do day to day care.
When was the last incident of physical violence?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was 4 days ago.
Have you reported any of the assaults to the police?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No,but i asked other questions,about property and his right of his daughter,if we are not married.
Neither of you can force the other out of the property unless there is a Court Order involved.However given his aggression and violence you will be able to obtain an Order Excluding him form the property - allowing you and your children to live there safely until the youngest child is 18.You must report the next assault to the police immediatelyIf that happens you would need to take over paying the mortgage - and your ex would have to pay maintenance for his child.The law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents and you will need to discuss contact arrangements with your ex using Family hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much!
You are most welcome - I hope all goes well
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At list i know my right,and feel more confident.I will follow your advice.Thanks.