How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My husband and myself have a child arrangement order

This answer was rated:

My husband and myself have a child arrangement order for his three children and we have been experiencing some problems with the children since they have been going to their mums house on the weekends, we have addressed these with the children's mother but we are still having problems with their behaviour, we have spoken to our local social services and have been told to seek legal advice on what action can be taken to change the order.
Currently the children visit their mother's house every other weekend for two nights, it has also been bought to our attention that her youngest child is still on a child protection plan with social services and she is under the mental health team. The court had no reports from social services or the mental health team when the order was made.
We would like to know what we can do to change the order to every other weekend just for the day as we have concerns regarding the supervision and well-being of the children when they are there.
Hi, thank you for your question. If you have concerns about the children and there is a child arrangement order in place, you will need to apply to court to vary the order. This can be done under Form C100 and a £215 court fee. Given you have child protection concerns you should also complete a C1A form which outlines the concerns. You will need to take 4 copies to court to be issued and then once issued you need to serve one on the mother.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you