How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Again, im at the moment in Latvia whit my son...i came

Customer Question

Hi again, im at the moment in Latvia whit my son...i came for medical treatment...because i have some health complication....i thought this could take some time and could be main reason to stay now in Latvia son went to local school for last few days to see how could be...he enjoying so much...and he saying no way he will go back to uk...Im happy that he likes but im so confuse what to to deal whit his father who in uk...less painfull for me and my son...What he could do if we not come back...Many thanks, daiga
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
.just want to know what could possibly do his father legaly as his father...if i will inform that his son dont want come back to uk. My son born in latvia and live there until he is 10.How i said before they didnt had that much good contact between them while we staying in my son dont care that much about fathers feelings...his heart belongs to grandparents and Latvia.
Just want to know my legal rights in this make less emotionaly painful for my son....I hope you understand what asking...and hope that who ever will answer see my privios question...they are linkt. Many thanks! Regards, Daiga
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi DalgaI am afraid that if you do not bring the child back to the Uk and get the permission of the Court to take the child back to Latvia permanently then your ex can make an applictaion in Latvia tp force your return for this to happen.In the long run I am sure that the Uk court WILL grant permission for the move - so one option would be to come back and deal with the matter so that he can start the new school year in Latvia.Clare