How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

How can i check if my wife has divorced me before i

Customer Question

how can i check for free if my wife has divorced me before i start divorce against her
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. If you know the court that your ex-wife applied to for a divorce, you can write to them with both your full names and case number ***** a cheque for £10 for a decree absolute search (this is the final order for divorce). If you do not know the case number ***** fee is £45.If you do not know the court, then you need to apply to the Central Family Court for a decree absolute search and a £65 cheque and include this form: (it is currently not working but try again tomorrow). You then send the form and cheque to: ***** ***** Court First Avenue House 42 - 49 High Holborn London WC1V 6NPIf you’re paying by cheque, make it payable to ‘HM Courts & Tribunals Service’.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.