How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My ex husband and I are divorced. Until recently he lived

This answer was rated:

My ex husband and I are divorced. Until recently he lived in his own flat and has been seeing our son every other weekend. He has recently moved in with another woman (a flat that she owns) and still sees our son every other weekend. I have been given his new address - however, I have not been to the address or met the lady my son spends every other weekend with and my ex is reluctant to share that information. Do I have a legal right to insist on seeing where my son spends his time when he is with his father and/or meeting his girlfriend. My son has come back home a number of times with rashes and on a couple of occasions with a bad stomach. I have communicated this to my ex and asked him to take precautions but it seems to be continuing.
Hi, thank you for your questions. How old is your son?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He just turned 4yrs
Thank you - the father does not have to show you where your son is staying, but if there are concerns about the accommodation and the level of care he is being provided these should be raised with the father and if you are not satisfied with the level of care being provided to him you can stop contact until your concerns are dealt with. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you