How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1364
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

He there We've got a family Holliday booked me my parter

Customer Question

He there
We've got a family Holliday booked me my parter and my partners child, but her ex is saying he does not allow the Holliday after already agreeing through txt message? He's also not on the birth certificate? Where do we stand with going on holiday? Surely he can't stop us after agreeing to the Holliday and letting us book it?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will assist you. If your ex does not have parental responsibility then you do not need his permission to take your child on holiday. Your ex can have parental responsibility by being named on the birth certificate, court order, being married to you when your child was born, or if you have signed a parental responsibility agreement. If none of these apply to you then do not worry - his permission is not required. Even without having parental responsibility if your ex had a genuine held belief that you intended not to return from the holiday with your child - then he could apply to a family court for a prohibited steps order to prevent you from going away with your child. To prevent this - provide your ex with details about the holiday including the resort that you are travelling too and the flight details. If your ex made an application to court after you had provided these details - then if the court considered it was just a holiday and you did intend to return then the court would allow you to take your child - the courts consider that children enjoy holidays and should not be denied the opportunity. Please do not hesitate to ask if I can assist you further. Kind Regards ***** ***** kindly remember to star rate our service so that we receive credit for helping you today