How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I suspect that my husband has had an affair and that the other

This answer was rated:

I suspect that my husband has had an affair and that the other woman has had his child. Is there any way I can demand a DNA test?
Hi, thank you for your question. As you are not a parent or putative parent of the child you will not be able to get a DNA test done to determine if he is the father.This is something that only the mother or thr putative father are able to pursue, either by agreement or a court order.I appreciate that this may not be the answer you would have hoped for, but if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you