How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Can my separated wife take my children out of country without

This answer was rated:

Can my separated wife take my children out of country without permission
Hi, thank you for your question. If you were married when the children were born or if you are named on the birth certificate as the father and they were born after December 2003 then you have parental responsibility and you must be consulted if she wishes to leave the country with the children either on holiday or permanently. If she has a residence order in place this allows her to leave for up to 4 weeks without your permission. Your consent can only be withheld if you have reasonable cause to refuse the travel.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you