How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

JohnsonMy daughter is 16 and wants to go to

Customer Question

For Ben JohnsonMy daughter is 16 and wants to go to university. CSA payments last until 18 or until A'Levels. How do I get an un co-oporative father to support his only daughter through her university education. She is his only child. He had no residential contact with her and any communication has to be done via the CSA. He is a solicitor and single practitioner with a good business - well able to support his child the difficulty I anticipate is getting him to do so.I would also like to apply for a top up of the CSA order. I have been granted a variance order this month which takes the CSA payment from £549.81 t0 £1,417.42 per month. This was based on information I received which led me to believe that my ex husband's income had clearly improved since the upper tribunal decision (which he appealed and lost) in 2013. Essentially - he said he was living in rented accommodation and failed to disclose that he was completed on the purchase of a six bedroom house. Therefore I believe he has been able to pay substantially more for the past three years - is there any way to pursue this?My ex-husband is an employment lawyer and was a senior partner in a commercial law firm throughout the marriage. The FDR was made in his favour leaving his only daughter and I without a home, income or savings. We have struggled ever since and wish only to receive what is owed to her. With many thanks, ***** *****
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, thanks for requesting me - unfortunately this is a question which is not within my area of law. I will open to it to all other experts and someone will hopefully pick it up soon. Please do not reply to this as it will just lock the question back to me. Many thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first.Best guess on how much your ex earns?