How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

How do I make an application to pay 50% towards school

Customer Question

how do I make an application for ex to pay 50% towards school fees for our 2 children? I know I should make it under either Schedule 1 of the children's act or under the Matrimonial causes act 1973 but can I do so when my financial order says "save as provided for by this order the Applicants and Respondent's claims for financial provision, pension sharing and property adjustment orders do stand dismissed and neither the applicant not the respondent shall be entitled to make any further application in relation to their marriage under the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973 S23(1)(a) or (b)"?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.When was the final Order made and why were School fees not dealt with then?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The order was made in Manchester County court (UK) in 2012 and I didn't apply for school fees at that time as only 1 of our children attended school then and (representing myself) I felt that the father was ordered to pay Maintenance Pending Suit and there would be no chance he could/would pay school fees then as well. I have paid 100% of school fees since the children started.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My apologies for the delayHow old are the children, was the decision to privately educate a joint one, and how much does he earn?