How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35043
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Clare, Its Sarah again. We were in touch 2 weeks ago

Customer Question

Hi Clare,
Its Sarah again. We were in touch 2 weeks ago regarding some questions I had about my divorce proceedings and some matrimonial monies involved.
You advised that if I wanted to claim back matrimonial monies from my ex, I would have to make an ancillary relief application, as my ex has not been cooperative throughout negotiations between solicitors.
I recently initiated mediation sessions, right after which his solicitor suddenly wrote to me saying that he has agreed to provide financial disclosure under Form E and that he has all his documentation ready.What i wanted to ask was is there any point in starting mediation now, or should I wait for further negotiations to take place between solicitors surrounding the form E disclosure and see how that goes before starting mediation sessions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my solicitor has not clarified this properly for me as to whether mediation is a suitable option right now or not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi SarahHave you attended a mediation Information and Assessment meeting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The mediation company wants to contact my ex husband first and depending on whether he agrees to mediation or not, they have said that they will then invite me to meet with them separately and then invite him.
They said that if he doesn't respond or if he doesn't agree to it, then they would issue me a certificate of why mediation is not appropriate.
They will be in touch with me end of this week to let me know if they were able to get in contact with the ex.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
That is fine Actually Mediators and solicitors cost much the same - so a big part of the decision is about how well you are able to deal with your ex face to face.The only point to note is that if you decide to leave it to the solicitors you MUST make sure that if the negotiations do not do well then you insist that acourt application is made within three months if no agreement can be reached.Please ask if you need further details