How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Form H (financial proceedings, divorce)I'm taking your

This answer was rated:

Form H (financial proceedings, divorce)I'm taking your advice to fill this in and bring with me, although it is unlikely to be asked for at MPS Directions.Could you please shed light for me on Form H proforma which I am filling in:At this point (MPS Directions) I have amassed about £7K legal fees and £5K of my own time at the £18 hourly rate (plus disbursements).- preaction costs: are these before Petition?
- issue pleadings costs: are these from Petition onwards?
- initially I paid a solicitor and barrister, now its just me - is it ok for me to lump their lawyer's bills in with mine, in these columns to get a single figure for each column?
- I can ignore 'estimated costs' column until what point in financial relief proceedings do you think?
- and the proforma is pretty clear do not include court fees like cost of Petition, Form A, applications D11 etcThankyou in anticipation.
Hi, thank you for your question. The Form H is to list all your legal fees - unfortunately this does not include your own time so you cannot include the £5000 you have outlined.Furthermore, considering the titles of the categories it sounds like you are looking at the civil proceedings costs form or an old version of the Form H- you need to complete this one in financial relief proceedings: You will see that this clearly breaks down what work is covered and you need to complete the "indemnity rate" column for all your privately-paid legal fees. Again you cannot include your own time that you have calculated as these are not legal fees for the court's purposes.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you