How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12071
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Married SCOTLAND 1975 ,,Divorced husband adultery 1996 in England

Customer Question

Married SCOTLAND 1975 ,,Divorced husband adultery 1996 in England ,had two kids ,one was in HMForces and my daughter lived with me when we moved back to Scotland to finish of her education ,my husband was C/Sgt Blackwatch and I received none of his pension after being married 21years can I pursue part of his pension as I worked when married
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
No, any claim on the pension should have been dealt with at the time of the divorce. It is now too late to revisit this, I'm afraid. I hope that helps. Please leave a a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have seen new cases where an ex wife was only married 3 years and after 30 years won here case through Supreme Court ,,thortons solicitors have told me that I must find an English solicitor as they have complete system to Scottish laws regarding divorce ,,as England divorce First then they apply for finances unlike Scotland it is finances then decree nisei So will apply to English system ,thanks but I will not be continuing further as I prefer now to talk in person for my money and not by phone or emails as can. Be very costly Thankyou