How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7663
Experience:  UK solicitor
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

I am looking two girls 5 and 3 years

This answer was rated:

I am looking for citizenship for my two girls 5 and 3 years old. Will buying a property allow having any sort of right in UK? Please advice
Hi Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.Unfortunately, buying a property does not afford any foreign national additional rights to naturalise as a UK citizen.A person is either entitled to UK citizenship by birth or ancestry, or they have to naturalise as a UK national.In order to naturalise a foreign national must first obtain a visa to live in the UK (usually either a work visas sponsored by an employer or as the spouse of a UK national) and then live here for 5 years on a visa and then at the end of the 5 year period apply for “indefinite leave to remain” so they can stay permanently.Once they have indefinite leave to remain, they can apply to naturalise subject to certain criteria.However, owning or buying a property does not give any one additional rights to naturalise. My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question. Kind regards,Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So if I had a baby in UK he will be English ?
Hi, What nationality are you?What nationality is the other parent of the child?Tom
Thomas and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you