How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35050
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Question ClareBasically am ready

This answer was rated:

Question for ClareHi ClareBasically am ready for MPS next week, its only the directions conference, but I have statement and form H ready "in the wings". Can I ask-- have I veered "off course" in age 3 of my MPS statement where I say H+W discussed house sale/VAT refund and mortgage forbearance and couldn't agree any (I'm trying to show there were ways to ease financial burdens but H refused)-Would you bring a copy for judge and other side (just in case they all show interest)- Form H you said 'litigant in person' costs should be charged at the minimum rate of £18 per hour which I have toted up, where does this belong in Form H?- Form H is an "estimate" so am I supposed to estimate my future costs in Section B all the way to end of final hearing?
HiThere is nothing wrong in what you have said - and always take three copies of everything - one for the court one for you and one for your ex!You are not going to get costs - but if you wish to complete the Form H you should put in disbursements and and valuation fees - sadly there is no room on the Form H for Litigant in Person Fees - but have the information to hand so that you can point out to the court what it would have cost
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I assume I can ignore section B because I'm a litigant in person so my personal time costs are, as you say, background only.
Can I check with you, given how cloudy I am regarding H's day to day costs is it best NOT to include a summary of his income/expenses and leave that to him, which he will of course do?
In my statement, should I expressly say what my remaining bank balance is and remaining savings, or just have bank statements to hand? My draft currently has all of that - what has to be robustly tackled is the "headlines" my ex will speed to which are 'she's got loads of savings' (rubbish I don't).
You do not give details of his costs - that is for him to provide.Yes give an overview of your financial position including savings
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks Clare
Coincidentally, H informed me today he purchased a new fridge which was delivered to him today. These cost the same as my unpaid child support, and he now has three fridges so I'm a bit surprised. Is it worth mentioning in my statement as evidence he must have some funds, or too much detail - save it for impromptu discussion if needed?
Put that in - after all he told you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yup, he should not have told me! I was floored! How can someone go shopping when they haven't paid their child support for 6 months?!
You refer to suitability of including 'valuation fees' in Form H, I can't see a separate 'line item' for these - do I stick it under solicitors' disbursements? It was under £100.
It goes in Disbursements
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you