How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

There me and my ex partner have equal care son of 8 and she has forbidden me

This answer was rated:

hello there me and my ex partner have equal care for our son of 8 and she has forbidden me from him having contact with my mother when he is in my care and has threatened that if i take him to see her or meet with her she will stop me from seeing him too .
Does this hold any weight or should i ignore her demands and let him see her as he really wants to or abide by her demands ?
Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:-Are there any court orders in place?-What are her reasons for him not seeing your mother?-What are the arrangements for him to be in your care - frequency and duration?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there are no court orders in place
she told my mother she did not want him around a certain person when he was at her house ,however when she went to pick him up this person was there on the roof fitting an ariel which resulted in ahuge argument in front of my son ,him in tears at his mum and nan arguing and then her banning him from seeing her.
He stays with me 3 nights a week and i regularly take and pick him up from school ,more so now as my mother used to do this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and she has openly told me she does not like my mother
Thanks for confirming. She can only reasonably refuse contact with his extended family if there are concerns about the level of care or child protection, otherwise he has a right to a relationship with his extended family. As you have no court order's in place, you cannot enforce the current arrangements and if she decides to stop the arrangements your only recourse is to either attend mediation to settle the matter or issue an application to court for a child arrangement order.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Harris for letting me know where I stand
Thank you, ***** ***** goes well - if you have any questions in the future you can ask for me directly by starting your question For Harris