How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Me and my ex partner have been separated years. Our son

Customer Question

Me and my ex partner have been separated for 4 years. Our son is nearly 5. (His name is ***** ***** cert.)
I wanted to know where I stand, I feel scared and my ex is trying to take over.
For the past few years he has had residential care (overnight) every second weekend. Fri-sun.
And every other Wednesday for several hours.
I love this routone , and so does our son.
But all of a sudden, 2016, and he is demanding overnight care on Wednesdays and 50% care over school holidays, Easter, summer, Xmas, even alternate bank holidays...
Apart from being disruptive to our sons routine, do I have any say in keeping the routine exactly how it has been?
Will the court give him what he wants?
Do I have a leg to stand on?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assisted:-Are you in England or Wales?-Has he explained why he is requesting a change to the arrangements?-Is there a court order in place?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.