How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have lived with my husband since 1990 and been married since

Customer Question

I have lived with my husband since 1990 and been married since 2003. We sold our house and are living in rented until we found what we wanted (I thought) He now tells me that he made an offer on a house for himself some weeks ago which has been accepted.
My half of the house will only buy me a two bedroom, whilst he is buying a 500k property. I have spoken to my financial chappie who has said being as I am now retired I need so much invested to give me an income which does not leave me much for a house.
Do I have any claim on my husband for some kind of financial help. He has offered me my ten year old car.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first.What is the extent of the savings and what other assets are there including pensionsWhat income does your husband have?