How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Is there anything I can do to prevent my exs new partner from

This answer was rated:

Is there anything I can do to prevent my exs new partner from contacting my children (12, 10) their dad has had no contact for over a year through his own choice, his partner however keeps contacting my eldest saying that I have blocked him any access etc and that he is dealing with us through solicitors but its taking time, none of which is true. My issue is that it is becoming increasingly difficult for my daughter to manage mentally, she is depressed and self harming.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Email for a response is***@******.***
Hi, thank you for your question. The father's partner has no rights to see or contact your children and you can just stop this yourself without anything formal.How is the partner contacting your children? Is the father totally out of the picture?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has been contacting through email and social media. I have obviously asked both to stop contact (although it always seems to be initiated by his partner rather than my daughter) the last contact that their father had was in Dec 2015 by means of a phone call and may 2015 before that.
Thank you - if she continues to contact her this will be considered harassment. I would suggest that you write a formal letter to both of them warning that if the partner does not stop contacting her then you will report the matter to the police as harassment.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you