How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34900
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My son has custody of his daughter at the weekend she had

This answer was rated:

my son has custody of his daughter at the weekend she had a disagreement with her dad and contacted her mum and she was picked up by her mums friend and is now at her mothers she is only 14 years old she has not gone to school as her mother does not live here what are my sons rights to get her back this is very upsetting the reason her mother does not have custody is she had a pass with drugs and drink she has 2 other children and the father has custody of them .My son was married to the mother in which they divorced a long time ago
Thank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion firstDoes mum still have an issue with drink and drugs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no she does not as far as we know she has become a lesbion and lives with different partners she has a temper a little like jekle and hyde
How far away does she live?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About 1and half hour away we live in Sussex she lives in Surrey
What was the reason behind the disagreement?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she had asked her dad to sort out her cousins bike in which her cousin is 21 years old and her dad said that her cousin could pump the tyres up on the bike her self as she has a pump and she was in a huff she had some problems with girls at school on friday which had been sorted out with a teacher but she was still upset over it she did not tell her dad that side of the problem plus she turned round to her dad and said he was only after money of her mum in which he has only just claimed from her threw the iva he has supported his daughter on his own for 6 years but now she needs more and more he gets £115 from his wife and deposits 30.00 of that into his daughters account so she can use it and the rest goes on clothes and activitys she does not always tells her dad what goes on and then she moans it is a teenager thing as I have been told I hope this answers the question
Sadly not untypical for a teenager.What is the mother saying about the situation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Do you realise that the site charges extra for a phone call?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes i do Could you still reply by email I have just been told it is a custody order my son has I dont know if it is any different his wife has threatned to punch him in the face if he goes near her and his daughter we ars still trying to find out where she is as the mother wont tell us
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi is there any news what we can do and how we stand
Your son does indeed have a Residence order stating that she lives with him - and he can go to Court to enforce it and have the child returned to his care.he does this using a form C79 and paying the fee of £215 can ask for an urgent hearing with a view the child returning to his care by the end of this weekHowever the problem that you face is the age of your grand daughterAt*****will be reluctant to force her to return if all that will happen is that she will run back to her mother.On that basis the other option is that he gets the Police to check that she is Safe and Well and notifies her local Social Services that the child is with her and you need to know if they consider that safe.Obviously if either the Police or Social Services have concerns then they will return the child to your son.If not then your son should arrange a meeting with a Family mediator who also works with young people - and then discuss whether your granddaughter has understood that the move will mean changing schools, and only seeing her friends (and cousins) when she visits her fatherReality is rarely as attractive as imaginationPlease ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you