How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My house is currently soley in my name. I am looking to

This answer was rated:

My house is currently soley in my name. I am looking to ass my partner on but he is currently still married and going through divorce. If i add him before the divorce is finalised, does his wife have any rights to my home?
Hi, thanks for your question. His wife will be entitled to claim financial relief from him as part of the divorce and he will need to disclose all assets tgat he has - however if you add him to the title of your property only the share that is in his name will be considered his asset.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you