How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34897
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Recently i met a girl in the philippines and would like her

Customer Question

recently i met a girl in the philippines and would like her to come to uk to get married to me.
but she is married in philippines and has been separated for over seven years. there is no divorce in the philippines. only annulment with can take years and be very costly. what would be our best way for her to be able to come her to be with me. Thanks Andy
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow long have you and your partner been together?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we met at a few days after christmas 2015
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i was in the philippines from the 26/12/2015 to the 15/01/2016 and I'm going back on the 24/06/2016. we have been in contact daily .
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am afraid that until you have been together for two years there is no way that you can bring your partner to the UK as your fiancee or spouse.Once she is here and has lived here for more than a year then she can actually divorce her husband here in the UK.Unless she is qualified to come here on a working visa then I am afraid that it is a matter of waiting.Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it possible for me to personally sooner her
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could you give me some info on how the 2 year thing works
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
IF you wish her to come as your partner you need to show that you have been in a relationship for at least two years.She could come here on a visitors visa for a while - this will help build the evidence of your relationship