How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My partner/ sons father is in prison years

Customer Question

My partner/ sons father is in prison for 8 years for sexual abuse not on our son. Social services have said that my partner can never live with me again but I've done my research and found out that he can and social services have lied to me. Just need to be sure he can live with me and his son again could you give me any advice I love my partner so much and our son we want to be a family
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Social services would have concerns if your partner lived with you and your son when he is released - if they feel that there are risks from your partner towards your son, and you are not allaying those concerns, then they will have grounds to take theatter to court and it would be for thr court to decide whether there are any risks to your child.So, if upon his release he resumed living with you, practically they cannot stop this but they can go to court in order to protect your child from any harm or risk of harm.If you have any further questions regarding this please let me know. In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.