How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My husband had committed adultery and admitted his affair.

Customer Question

My husband had committed adultery and admitted his affair. What do I do now?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please call me on *********** As soon as you can please . Thank you so much.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for you question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:-Are you in England or Wales?-Do you consider the marriage broken down irretrievably?-Do you have any children together, if so their ages and proposed arrangements
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thereYes, I live in the UK, and my husband lives in Asia .He has found a new woman and wants out of our 24 year relationship.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you - where in the UK are you as the laws vary depending on your region
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. If he agrees to provide confirmation of the adultery in writing you can pursue a divorce in England under the ground of adultery - you will need to complete a divorce application and submit three copies to court together with a £550 court fee. The court will serve the issued petition on your husband by post and once he acknowledges the petition you can proceed to the next stage to apply for Decree Nisi, which is then court's confirmation that grounds are met for a divorce. After six weeks and one day of issuing of Decree Nisi you can apply for Decree Absolute. The usual process takes approximately 6-12 months to complete.If either of you have assets or financial needs please let me know and I can assist further regarding your rights.In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.