How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

A lady I had an affair with told me last year she was

This answer was rated:

A lady I had an affair with told me last year she was pregnant with my child. This destroyed my home but I wanted to do right (for a change) for the innocent child and stuck with this lady through pregnancy, prepared everything the baby would need when born, went to hospital / midwife and even antenatal appointments with her. We had an argument after I didn't succumb to a selfish request of hers 2 months before delivery, she cuts me off. She gave birth 2 weeks ago now and has chosen still to keep this away from me. From all indications she lied about me being responsible. My life has been a mess for the last 10 months.
In summary, all I need is a paternity test as I deserve to know. Please how do I go about this as she's refusing to respond to me at all and won't consent to a DNA.
Hi, thank you for your question. If the mother refuses to agree to a DNA test you will need to apply to the child's local family court for the court tonorder a test using this form: together with a £365 court fee.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In this case I do not a copy of the birth certificate nor any details of the baby as she's refused to even inform me she's given birth. Will my application be deemed valid without any documentation relating to the child? What would the process after submission entail?
Thank you - in the circumstances you will need to accompany the application with a form D11 and a £155 court fee and apply for leave to apply without a birth certificate and explain the reasons on the form as to why you do not have a copy.