How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34890
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My ex partner has just informed me that our 5 year old

Customer Question

Hello, my ex partner has just informed me that our 5 year old daughter is been moved out of the school where she is excelling in every area, to a school that is 1/2 a mile closer becouse it will be easier for my ex partners mother to drive too, her school now is only a***** I would like to know is she allowed to do this with out informing me? And is this a valid reason for such a upheaval? I have been separated for 8 months we were together for 15 years never married, I have my daughter 4 nights a week and pay all costs, thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.Are you name don the birth certificate and when is the move due to happen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I am named on cert, I was told last night about the move which is due to happen next Monday, my daughter was only told yesterday as well,
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You have equal Parental Responsibility with your ex for the child and the right to be consulted on all major issues - such as this one - and your wishes have weight.If agreement cannot be reached between you then it is for a Court to decide what is or is not in the best interest of the child.Given the lack of discussion and notice you may wish to make an urgent application to the school for a Prohibited Steps Order preventing the move until the matter has been fully considered.This is done using a form C100 the fee is £215.Alternatively, if you believe that there might be good reasons for the move you could arrange an urgent Family Mediation appointment to discuss itPlease ask if you need further details