How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have a question please. I have a residency

Customer Question

Hi. I have a question for you please.
I have a residency in place for my daughter. It was set for every other weekend. Over time as my ex would bully me to see her more I gave him more days access over time.
My daughter now 13 wants to see him less as he doesn't treat her nicely and bullies her. She is scared to tell him as he will take it out on her brother.
Can i legally revert back to the days set by residency order even though he has been having her more for years. Am I able to do that please.
Thank you so much.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Please can you tell me whether you are based in the United States?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Sorry I sent you a response by accident
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi im confused was that question meant for me? If so I like in uk
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Yes, the legal position is the arrangements as set out in the order and he cannot attempt to enforce the new arrangements if there has been no formal variation by the court to the order.You should formally write to him to inform him that you will be reverting to the arrangements in the court order and explain the reasons why.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.