How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Dear sirs my name is ***** ***** a new dad & my ex girlfriend

Customer Question

dear sirs my name is ***** ***** a new dad & my ex girlfriend is stopping me seeing my son .Ted is now 7 mths old i have tried mediation but nothing forth coming so i have applied to go to court and been successfull the hearing is not far away now but do i need to really get a solicitor & how can i get legal aid?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. In order to qualify for legal aid there are three criteria you need to meet - domestic violence/child abuse, financial and merits.Firstly, has there been domestic violence or child abuse concerns from the mother towards you or the child? If not, then unfortunately, you will not qualify for legal aid. If you are, please confirm what the evidence is and I can assist you with the next tests.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.