How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Is it possible Judge to amend and MPS order without

This answer was rated:

Is it possible for a Judge to amend and MPS order without both parties attending court?And in what instance would a judge amend the order. Surely one of the parties must insists on an amendment?
Hi, thanks for your question. Could you outline the situation a bit more? Is there an order in place, if so what is it, and has the court changed it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Original order was to pay MPS and child care.
The new order specifies not to spend any money out of savings or bonus payments until the next hearing.Why would a Judge randomly amend an order unprovoked..Is it possible for me to get all documents filed in regards ***** ***** certain case number?
A court can make orders of its own volition, but such an amendment without a hearing would likely only happen if the other party had written or applied to the court, or if there was something accidentally missed out of the original order.In the circumstances I would suggest you write to the court to request confirmation as to why the order has been amended, together with copies of any correspondence or application by the other party.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The order states:
Pay 650 MPS
Pay 700 Child costsThen new "amendment states"do not spend any money out of savings, or any incremental money earned other than normal pay salary.
Thanks - you will need to enquire with the court why this amendment was made with no prior notice to you.
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you