How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I am a UK citizen and my wife is not.If a divorce

This answer was rated:

I am a UK citizen and my wife is not.If a divorce settlement is made in another country and outside of the UK to divide assets, is that final?Could she later come to the UK and try for half of assets in the UK even if only in my name?
Hi, thank you for your question. If a divorce and financial relief matter is pursued and concluded in another jurisdiction, the English courts will not accept a financial relief application as the original country has jurisdiction to deal with the matter.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you