How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I owe my house jointly with my ex partner. Is it easy to

This answer was rated:

Hi I owe my house jointly with my ex partner. Is it easy to change my feeds to tenants in common. As he had just received a court summons for 10k
Hi, thanks for your question. Changing from joint tenants to tenants in common is a relatively straightforward process and you can see the guidance here:, you should also consider entering into a deed of trust to ensure that if there are any charges registered on the property in relation to his debt that it will only come from his share.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you