How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My husband is filing against me behaviour he said he will

This answer was rated:

My husband is filing for divorce against me for unreasonable behaviour he said he will pay for the divorce but if I contest it i will have to pay the legal fees. If I object will it cost me money or can I make him pay for the whole divorce? Considering he was unreasonable by having affairs.
Hi, thank you for your question. If you agree that the marriage has ended you should not defend the divorce. In any event, defending a divorce is fruitless the majority of the time and is costly for both parties and increases animosity - the cost and energy would be better used in sorting out any financial or children matters.If you object to it, then he can ask the court to make a costs order against you in relation to the divorce application and this is usually granted in unreasonable behaviour petitions.In the circumstances, if you do not agree with his statement of case, it would be better to state that you do not intend to defend the divorce but reserve the right to file a statement of case in response.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you