How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I would like to ask my daughter she is 14 years old and

This answer was rated:

Hi I would like to ask my daughter she is 14 years old and voluntary placed in foster care now almost 4 months and totally changed her hair been dyes by foster carer and 5 piercing in her ear I still have the parenting right but I can't do anything if I am complein to the socia worker she sending one email to foster parents and she show to my daughter where can I get help
Hi, just a bit more information required to fully assist you:-Are you in England or Wales?-Is the placement under a Section 20 agreement or is there an interim care order in place?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I am in England ,yes the placement under a Section 20 ,no care order .The LAC plan it was 3-6 months rehabilitation but the foster parent didn't follow that she just did the contrary what been asked .She let my daughter to do what she want and she been reported missing twice and once been found by friends collapsed due to alcohol overdose and has been taken to A&E by the ambulance.The LAC review officers cancelled the court the reason because the local authorities didn't give us any help to build our relationship.My daughter goes missing many times from home now 2 years she doing this involved in gangs activities and last time she jump out from windows .When she been founded by police she doesn't want to came back home and me to as well.I want to cancel the Section 20 but my daughter she doesn't want to came back to my care because there she can do what ever she want,no boundaries,no going anywhere just hanging around one the street taking alcohol with friends.Also her behaviour poor in school .
Thank you for confirming. As it is a Section 20 agreement, only you and possibly the father has parental responsibility for your daughter - the local authority does not. Therefore the local authority and foster carer cannot override any major decisions and they should have consulted you in relation to the hair colour change and the piercings - if you were not consulted then you would have grounds for a complaint against the local authority and foster carer. In relation to her absconding from the placement and not wishing to return to your care, have you considered alternative family placements? I would suggest you put your views in writing to the local authority informing them that you wish to consider ending the Section 20 agreement due to the current placement appearing not to work or protect your daughter. They will then have to consider alternative placements.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you