How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1382
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

Could you tell me if I can get a contact order to see our

Customer Question

Could you tell me if I can get a contact order to see our granddaughter? she love staying with us but her mother just takes her and we then don't see her for months at a time.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will assist you. I am sorry to hear about you being denied a relationship with your granddaughter. Please may I ask: - how old is Mia?- does she have a good relationship with you?- what is the current level of involvement with social services? Kind Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mia is four just. Yes she does she loves staying here. She said last time she was here mummy said you and granddad don't love me any more. She has had a visit from them, and before the woman sat down , Amy said this is my f ing mother. The social team told me this on the phone. She is not an abusive mother more inadequate mother. She has no idea how to cook , wash clothes , or check Mia after going to the toilet . She would not let granddad put her down the last time we saw her and Adrian said if you are a good girl perhaps you could come over next week. Mia said mummy said I cant come any more. She is that little spark that gives me the will to fight on. As soon as any ones back is turned she starts slagging them off. Last year she helped with the flowers , watering them and me in the process , love her.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Hello Thank you for your response. From your response it is clear that you love your granddaughter and that is touching. I do think that it is important that you at least try and seek a Child Arrangement Order (new name for contact order) from the Court so that the court can decide about Mia spending time with you. It is clear that you seem to be a positive influence on Mia and this will help your case. The first step you need to take before you can apply to court is to refer your case to family mediation. There are lots of family mediation services and there will be one local to you. Just google family mediation in your area and give them a call to get the ball rolling. If your daughter wont engage in family mediation or agreement cannot be reached then the mediator will sign the form that you need to be able to apply to court. You have to refer the matter to mediation first before you can apply to court - otherwise the court will reject your application. If however the matter becomes Urgent - such as your daughter not engaging with social services and providing adequate care and they become concerned - then you can apply to the court urgently - and social services may support a placement of Mia with you. The court forms you need are these ones: as you are a grandparent - you dont have an automatic right to make an application so you need permission of the court (known as leave) so you need to fill in this form also: You send the completed forms to the local family court to where your granddaughter lives - which you can find here: There is a court fee of £215. Dependent upon your income - this may be reduced - see this form: I would make the application to court sooner rather than later as the fact that you have a good relationship with your granddaughter will help. The court will also likely consider the relationship that she has with you as stability if social services have concerns about the care Mia is getting from her mother. Let me know if I can help you further Kind Regards ***** ***** kindly remember to star rate our service so that we receive credit for helping you today
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
ps Just seen your request for a phone call - I am happy to call you - but they are an extra charge. If you still want me to call you then just submit a request - otherwise if you would just like follow up information - then you can respond in the chat. Kind Regards Caroline