How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My partner has had a divorce he has dementia he was bullied

This answer was rated:

My partner has had a divorce he has dementia he was bullied into signing over the house and everything due to her father being a high up accountant she gave him 15000 as settlement he was worried she would stop him seeing his daugther and made threats however this was about five years ago the house he paid the full depoist of at least 45000 the 15000 that she gave him he cannot find where he put it can he do anything now as i feel they took avantage as he was so ill he gave her everything including a new car she now bullys him saying he does not give her
maintenance when he is now on benefits he sees his daughter and has her one or two nights a week everyone has said she took everything from him due to his illness that we feel probally started back then is there anything we can do now
Hi, thank you for your question. When did they settle the financial matter and was their "agreement" approved by a court?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
probaly but he had no legal help just signed in state of mind
Thank you. If the agreement was approved by the court in a court order then there is no way to vary the lump sum agreement as that will be fully binding. However, if it can be proved that there was misrepresentation, fraud or coercion at the time of your partner signing the agreement then there may be grounds to have it reviewed by a court.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you