How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35057
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Long story short. Ex wife passed away, court order granted

This answer was rated:

Long story short.
Ex wife passed away, court order granted May 2016 for my son to stay with maternal aunt and uncle for schooling and weekends with me (the Father).
To assist with the financial support for my sons care I have used the CSA calculator. I have now received request from the aunt and uncle to pay for the full costs for my sons care with no financial contribution from them. Is this right? Could the aunt and uncle approach the trustees to my sons estate for financial support if they can’t or won’t pay for his care?
Thank you
Thank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstDid they request the court order that the child live with them?How old is the child?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they applied to the Court to enable them to look after my son for schooling. I agreed to this as it was the wishes of my sons mother and my son that he lived with them.The child will be 15 in August 2015.Thank you
My apologies for the delayYou cannot be asked to pay more than the CMS/CSA guidelines.They can certainly approach his Trustees regarding financial support - but if they do not wish to care for him then the answer is simple - he lives with you full time.Please ask of you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you