How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My child is three years old and resides with me and I solely

Customer Question

My child is three years old and resides with me and for which I solely provide. His father's name is ***** ***** birth certificate, but I receive no monies what-so-ever towards his keep. To keep the situation amicable I recently allowed my child to stay over two nights per week. I now plan on taking my child to a small family run hotel in Greece ( which I have visited several times). My ex-boyfriend says I am not to take my son and he will have myself served with an abduction order.
Can you please advise, thankyou.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bite more information required to fully assist you:

-Are you in England or Wales?

-How long have the current arrangements been in place?

-How long prior to this was the father not involved?

-Is the journey for a holiday or relocation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
England.Contact has always been maintained but sleepovers commenced approximately seven weeks ago, once my child was able to cope.It is only for one week with a return ticked.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Is there a child arrangement order (for residence) in place in your favour?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not at the present time
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Unfortunately, as he has parental responsibility he can object to travel abroad and you will require his consent to travel with your son. However, his consent can only be reasonably withheld and if he continues to refuse to consent to the holiday you will need to apply to court for a specific issue order under form C100 and a £215 court fee. You will need to demonstrate that it is only a holiday, together with details of where you are staying, a return ticket and a way for the father to contact you abroad.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you