How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My sister died 3 years ago leaving 2 children the father of

This answer was rated:

My sister died 3 years ago leaving 2 children the father of the youngest one has pr the child currently live with me on a private family arrangement the father is in prison but he wants me to have joint pr with him is there a simple procedure ie a form that can be filled in and put infront of a court to allow this without incurring massive costs i can only find forms for either step parent/co mother or father

Hi, thank you for your question. In the circumstances you should apply for a child arrangement order for the children to live with you - this will also grant you parental responsibility and afford the children stability. You can do this by "consent" if the father agrees to it and can be done under form C100 and a £215 court fee to your local family court. You will need to take the original form, two copies for the court and one copy for each of the respondents (so each father of the children).

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.