How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

We have paying cash rent years to my mother in law ,I do

Customer Question

We have paying cash rent for six years to my mother in law ,I do have proof in dairy and bank statements . Should she declare the extra money ? As we think she should have ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further details first

What were you paying rent for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We pay rent for living in the house , my husband how built annex for my in laws and we are doing up and living in the other part of the house . My husband has under taken all building work and paid for materials.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear sir/madam
I am seeking advice on will reading & property deeds . My father passed awayast Thursday 26/4/16, on Friday 27/4/16 my step sister came over to my mothers and my house , and took the deeds to the house along with all my fathers ID , passport, pension papers , tax papers and bank account details . Am I right in thinking she has no ileagel right to do so before a solicitor has requested them . As my fathers death has not been registered yet nor has his he will be read . Six years ago my father brought this current property of Dawnview , chapel end way , stambourne , Halstead essex co94nx . Of which my mother , father , myself my wife and my three children live at this address . Before buying the property we made my step brother and step sister aware of our plans . Of which they all agreed . I was to build an annex for my parents , and my self and my wife was to to do rest of the house up for ourselfs . The annex has been designed for my disabled mother and our ground for has been designed to accomadate my son with special needs as his future is still unknown . This was all agreed on a gentlemans hand shake between my father and my self .since my fathers passing my mother , and step brother & step sister now want to sell to house . My wife & my self have paid rent in the whole six years of being here . I have paid and carried out all the construction work myself , with help my father and father in law . All three of my children go to the local schools and we have close ties to surrounding villages . I have under taken and paid for most of construction work myself .we agreed that we would care for my parents and that we would also be there for them . Now my father has passed away and we asked my mother who my fathers solicitor was she is now refusing to talk to us nor let us care for her . I would be very grate full on any advice you can offer my wife and myself . Kind regards Ian & Janine playle
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

How was the purchase of the property funded?