How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My partner and I had a joint tenancy on a housing

Customer Question

My partner and I had a joint tenancy on a housing association property under Mr and Mrs Khalifa. We have now broken up and she is currently staying at the property under the name of Ms Shaikh. As I am the main proposer and my name is ***** ***** the tenancy agreement, am I allowed to ask her to leave, or am I allowed to gain entry to the property?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Are/were you married to each other and are there any court orders in relation to the property?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are no court orders. We only had a religious marriage not married in the court of law