How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35050
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am romanian . live in barnsley . i had a house mate who

This answer was rated:

i am romanian . live in barnsley .
i had a house mate who decided to go to romania 3 months ago without any reason .
today is a letter on his name from a .nottingham
this letter could affect me and other mate who still live here

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

Have you returned the letter to the sender?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I did not open the letter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know what is it about. He left the house and went back to Romania I think. Parking contravention think.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only connection between us is that we lived in the same house.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If this is not going to affect me., I do not care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is it. Thank you.

What did you actually do with the letter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing. The letter is in house Unopened.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have an answer for me?
Should I do nothing?

You should mark the letter

"Return to sender - no longer at this address"

Be aware that there is still a possibility that a Bailiff will turn up to try and enforce any fine but if you have returned the letter and can show that he no linger lives there then there will be no problem.

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Nothing else. Thank you.

You are most welcome

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you