How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Have my son who is not married to s partner got any rights

This answer was rated:

Have my son who is not married to his partner got any rights if they split up his name is ***** ***** birth certificate they were born in 2009 2010
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My eldest grandson is aurtisc

Hi, thank you for your question. By being named on the birth certificate as the father he has parental responsibility which is a right to be involved in their upbringing and be consulted regarding major decisions such as education, health issues and religion.

The children will also have a right to a continued relationship with him which can only reasonably be restricted if there are child protection concerns from him towards the children. If there are no concerns then he is entitled to regular arrangements to continue his relationship with them.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you