How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35215
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My partner of the past 34 years wants to divorce the wife he

This answer was rated:

My partner of the past 34 years wants to divorce the wife he married 34 years ago he has no idea where she lives now what can he do

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first.

Where did his ex come from and what other steps has your partner taken to trace her?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The last time he saw her in 1982 she was living in Herne Hill London he has not taken any steps to find her as he does not know where to start, she did start divorce proceedings around the early 90s but he never followed it up

Did the company actually search for her death or to see if there was a Decree Absolute?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He may even be divorced we did a search for a decree absolute between the years of 1992 to 2002 but it came back negative she may have divorced him after 2002 the company we paid money to have only done a death search

The starting point is to check for the Decree Absolute for the years 2002 to 2016 just to be certain.

Then your partner needs to instruct an enquiry agent to try and trace her.

If that fails then your partner can issue a divorce petition based on the fact that they have been separated for more than 5 years and ask the court to dispense with service of the Petition upon her

There is an extra fee of £50 for this

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you that is a more information and help that we have had

You are most welcome I hope all goes well