How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My daughter and son own one third each of my home i am a

This answer was rated:

my daughter and son own one third each of my home i am a widow and if anything happens to me can my daughter block the sale of my home to make life difficult for my son she does not have anything to do with the rest of the family including me

Hi, thank you for your question. Please could you elaborate further on the question? Are you seeking information on how your son can realise his interest in the property in the event of your death?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
because my daughter does not have anything to do with the family can she block the sale of the bungalow when i die she is very difficult i have cut her out of my will but because my husband has been dead for 6 years we handed over a third eachto her and my son i also have a very bad letter from her saying she doesnt want anything from me would this help she blocked the the sale of my home 4 years ago so we know she would make life difficult for my son when i am gone i am 79years old and would like all the help i can get
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she also has a husband who thinks he knows everthing about the law he and her talked my husband and myself into gifting our bungalow to her and my son no problems with my son but they would stop the sae of the bungalow just for spite

Thank you for confirming. If her name is ***** ***** title deed of the property then she has a legal interest in the property and there needs to be agreement between all parties who are on the title if a sale is required. If her agreement is not forthcoming then an application to court is required to force the sale. This can be done to the local county court under form N1 and a £355 court fee.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you