How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34900
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My decree nisi is being announced in court tomorrow and my

Customer Question

My decree nisi is being announced in court tomorrow and my ex husband has threatened to go and stop it, can he do this
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

What ground is the divorce based on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unreasonable behaviour
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Did he file an Acknowledgement of Service?

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Just to check - you understand that a phone call costs more?

I ask because his chances of doing this are very slender anyway

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know,do not know what that means
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has agreed with all the terms set out in divorce but has know decided to contest, on the basis that he wants to see the children, he walked out on us over two years ago, has not offered to help with them financially and the children,aged 12 and 15 have stated they do not want to see him due to his abusive nature towards us.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

In order to oppose the Decree Nisi tomorrow your ex would have to make a verbal applictaion to file an answer out of time, produce a written answer, and pay the fee

of £255.

Unless he is able to do all of this then the Decree Nisi will be granted.

In addition the Divorce has no link to Child Contact

Please ask if you need further details