How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

If my ex husband has fully custody son can he take m abroad

This answer was rated:

If my ex husband has fully custody for my son can he take him abroad to live? There is a court order in place for me to have access, but there is nothing going forward for me to be able to see or have visit.
Does my ex need my permission to do this or a new court order

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

Your ex is not able to take him to live abroad without your agreement or an Order from the Court

You can also go back to court to deal with the issue of when you see your son

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need to sign a new agreement? Or a permission document as this will be for 2 years?

Have you previously consented to the move or did the court say that he could take him abroad?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There has been no new court agreement. But his solicitor said as he has fully custody he could take him where ever. I have not consented to this verbal or in writing and have told them that he can not take my son out the country until I have agreed in writing as this is over the 4 week Mark. Is this correct?

How old is your son?

How old is your son?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He will be 11 in October

Then he can only take him out of the country for up to 28 days without your agreement

If he has said that he will be gone longer you can apply for a Prohibited Steps order to stop him form doing so until the court has decided whether or not it is in the best interests of the child

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you