How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34902
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have friend (female) who has a child with a British

This answer was rated:

I have Peruvian friend (female) who has a child with a British National currently living and working in the UK.
She resides in Peru with her child. The child holds a British passport and the British national is documented as his biological father.
She has had problem with him paying child support. He will send the odd £80 here and there, but sometimes he will not send money for months.
Is there anyway of enforcing maintenance here in the UK? Peru are not part of the Remo countries. So, looking for general advice


Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Which part of the UK does the father live in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi ClareHe lives in London

Then she can issue a Court applictaion for child maintenance here in the Uk - and will then be able to enforce it if need be.

Clearly it will not be easy dealing with this from Peru - but she can instruct a solicitor to deal with it

Please ask if you need further please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She can instruct a solicitor here in the UK to represent her? Would I be able to do this on her behalf or will she have to present herself to the court?

You can do this - and she can "appear" via video link

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your advice

You are most welcome i hope all goes well