How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I would like to start divorce proceedings cause my husband

This answer was rated:

I would like to start divorce proceedings cause my husband is having an affair

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm how long you have been married and if he will admit to adultery?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
11 years and no he will not admit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there

Thanks, ***** ***** case you can apply under the fact of unreasonable behaviour and cite his affair, and any other incidents of unreasonable behaviour that has led to an irretrievable breakdown of the marriage. He does not need to consent or agree to this, but can defend it if he believes that the marriage has not irretrievably broken down.

You can follow the procedure here to petition for divorce:

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you